A set of programs and scripts that takes HDF-EOS datasets and makes them available via the web.
- Small research groups could use a way to publish their HDF-EOS products to the web.
- The major archives have good systems for publishing their contents. But they won't scale down easily.
- A shell script that chains together some existing Data Usability group tools to:
- Extract ODL metadata from an HDF-EOS file
- Convert the metadata to XML
- Reformat the XML into human-readable HTML
- Publish the HTML and the original HDF-EOS file to a web server and an OPeNDAP server
- Reformat the XML and submit it to the ECHO metadata clearinghouse
- $ ingest <HDFEOSFILE which publishes HDFEOSFILE's data and metadata
HDF-EOS Web Server Goals
This tool was developed as a demonstration of how to work with HDF-EOS data produced by NASA’s EOS program, including the standard products of the EOS Terra, Aqua and Aura missions and other EOSDIS standard products. The development of these tools is not ongoing and this source is offered “as is” with the hope that it may be useful.